In order to ensure that there are no misunderstandings that could lead to possible
disputes about your online dealings with us, it is in your interest that you read
the disclaimer below which covers all interactions and transactions on these sites.
- Old Mutual Investment Administrators (Pty) Ltd and its directors, officers and employees
shall not be responsible and disclaim all liability for any loss, damage (whether
direct, indirect, special or consequential) and/or expense of any nature whatsoever,
which may be suffered as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly,
to the use of, or reliance upon any information, links or service provided through
- Without limiting the generality of the aforesaid, calculations made/obtained by
means of the calculators or other facilities made available on this website are
intended to serve as a guideline and, unless the contrary is specifically stated,
are subject to written confirmation by Old Mutual Investment Administrators at the
time of concluding a transaction.
- All the information appearing on this website is provided without a representation
or warranty whatsoever, whether express or implied.
- The role of Old Mutual Investment Administrators is to process clients' investment
instructions. This includes receiving the investment amount into the bank account,
investing such amount timeously in terms of the client's instructions, and acting
on any further reasonable instructions of the client and reporting to the client
as required by legislation.
- Old Mutual Investment Administrators is a licensed Administrative Service Provider
in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 2002. The capital
value and income of unit trusts and other investments in financial markets may fluctuate
and performance is no guarantee of future returns, except where express, written
guarantees have been given by the provider of the investment chosen by the client.
Accordingly, the investor carries all investment risk and is strongly advised to
take appropriate legal, tax and investment advice prior to making any investment
- Old Mutual Investment Administrators requires clients to deal with it through an
advisor who is authorised, and continues to remain authorised by Old Mutual Investment
Administrators to market Old Mutual Investment Administrators products. Should the
client be introduced through an advisor whose authorisation to market and service
Old Mutual Investment Administrators products is withdrawn, or whose authorisation
to represent / service the client is withdrawn, the client shall be obliged to appoint
another advisor approved by Old Mutual Investment Administrators.
- Advisors are obliged to:
- Supply the client with information regarding the nature of the products and investments
offered as well as the costs and charges involved.
- Ensure that instructions are received and carried out by Old Mutual Investment Administrators.
- Supply the client with information regarding the performance of the client's investment
portfolio and transaction analyses reflecting client instructions and related charges.
- Advise the client with regard to the product and underlying investments.
- An advisor must be licensed in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary
Services Act, 2002. In this case the client will have signed a mandate authorising
the investment manager to take investment decisions on the client's behalf.
- If the client has appointed the investment manager to act in a discretionary manner,
and the investment manager is licensed as such in terms of the Financial Advisory
and Intermediary Services Act, 2002, the investment manager will issue instructions
to Old Mutual Investment Administrators with regard to the client's investment and
will not need to revert to the client for prior approval. If the client has appointed
the advisor in a non-discretionary capacity, and the advisor is licensed as such
in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 2002, the advisor
will need to obtain the client's approval before issuing investment instructions
to Old Mutual Investment Administrators.
- The investments chosen by the client will be governed by the rules of the relevant
pension, provident or retirement fund, and the terms and conditions that are prescribed
by the financial institution and the relevant trust deed, insurance policy, and/or
other documentation in respect of the investment vehicle. It is the client's responsibility
to fully acquaint themselves with such terms and conditions as well as all changes
that relate to such investment. The client should read and understand the material
relating to Old Mutual Investment Administrators and the Financial Plan or Plans
- The client should be satisfied with the nature of the investment, including the
inherent charges of such investment.
Old Mutual Investment Administrators (PTY) Ltd
(Registration no. 1988/003478/07)
Mutualpark, Jan Smuts Drive, Pinelands, 7405, South Africa
PO Box 5408, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
Telephone no: 0860 226 606
Fax no: +27 (0) 21 504 8307
Compliance Department: + 27(0) 21 509 0645
Professional indemnity and Fidelity insurance cover in place
Old Mutual Investment Administrators (PTY) Ltd is a licensed Financial Services
Old Mutual Investment Administrators (Pty) Ltd and its employees respect your privacy
and the confidentiality of your personal information.
Personal information that you supply to us via this website ("your personal information")
is only used and processed for the purpose:
- for which we request the information, as stated in the relevant web pages; and or
- to the extent necessary to enable Old Mutual Investment Administrators to meet its
obligations to you; and or
- to comply with our legal obligations
Old Mutual Investment Administrators will not disclose your personal information
to third parties outside the Old Mutual Group unless:
- Old Mutual Investment Administrators is permitted or required to do so by law; or
- it is in the public interest to do so; or
- it is necessary to protect the rights of a company in the Old Mutual Group; or
- you have expressly authorised Old Mutual Investment Administrators to do so.
Old Mutual Investment Administrators may from time to time use your personal information
to compile profiles for statistical purposes. However, such profiles or statistical
data cannot be linked to any identifiable individual.
Old Mutual Investment Administrators has put controls in place to prevent unauthorised
access to, modification or destruction of your personal information, whether accidental
or deliberate. These controls are based on the requirements of the business and
conform to commonly accepted industry standards as well as contractual and legal
The various companies in the Old Mutual Group may have different online privacy
policies due to the fact that the nature of their services or products require a
deviation from this general policy. If this is the case, the relevant company's
specific policy will govern your use of its website, on-line services and products.
We may occasionally contact you to inform you of new services or products offered
by a company in the Old Mutual Group. You will, however, always be given the opportunity
to instruct us to remove your details from our mailing list.
If you do not interact with us or if you browse our website anonymously, we may
from time to time collect information such as your email address.
Old Mutual Investment Administrators reserves the right to amend this online privacy
policy at any time by posting the amended policy on our website. Unless otherwise
stated, the current version will apply each time you access our website.
Conditions of Use
- Acceptance: By accessing, registering your information with us and/or applying for
any products and services offered on these websites, you agree to the disclaimer.
- Jurisdiction: Unless otherwise stated in the terms and conditions relating to specific
products or services, the laws of the Republic of South Africa will govern all terms
and conditions of any product or service contained in these pages. Should you apply
for any product or service through our websites, you hereby consent and submit to
the jurisdiction of the South African courts in regard to all proceedings, actions,
applications or the like instituted by us against you or vice versa, and in any
way arising from any stated terms and conditions.
- Signatures: All products and/or services offered on these websites are subject to
signature of the requisite application forms, mandates and other documentation relating
thereto as determined at our sole discretion.
- Currency: Unless otherwise stated, all monetary amounts mentioned on our websites
are in South African Rand.
Compliance with Laws: The user shall comply with all laws, rules and regulations
which are now or in the future laid down by any government authority or agency regulating
the operation or use of these websites.
Copyright subsists in all materials on this website. You may use the information
and print or reproduce materials from this website only for your own non-commercial